What is important when finding a new family for children?
what is important?
- We try very hard to make sure that children don’t have to wait too long for a new family.
- We try to make sure that brothers and sisters live together if it is the best thing for all of them.
- We believe that children’s different religions and family backgrounds are important.
- We will do all we can to help children with their feelings about what has happened to them.
- We believe that people making decisions about children’s lives should ask children what they think, and listen to their wishes and feelings.
- We will do all we can to help children feel good about themselves.
- We believe that all children are important and should have the same chances.
- We make sure all children have a life story book that explains the reasons they were adopted.
- We also do our best to help children keep things from their past that are important to them.
- Children’s birth families are also offered support and help.
- If it is decided that it would be good for a child to have contact with their birth family or other important people in their lives, the social workers will do their best to help.
- We keep information about children’s adoptions, so that they can read it when they are older, if they wish.