8-12 year-olds - your health

What is health?

Your health means being happy and healthy. It is important you know who you can speak to if you have a problem, feel worried, or just need someone to talk to. Use this page to find out more health and how you can look after yourself.

Good websites to use


Childline has lots to do such as play, explore, and chat to people who can help you if you are worried.

What's happening to my body?

Kids Health

Find out how your body works by reading quick tips ad playing games.


If you feel worried, upset, or angry a lot of the time, speaking to someone that you can trust can really help.

Young Minds

Young Minds want you to know how you can improve your wellbeing and how you feel.

I want to eat more healthily!


Help for you and your family to eat well, move more, and live longer.

I need to know more about self harm


Guidance on new ways of coping for people who hurt themselves

I want to be safe when I go online


Learn how to go on the internet in a safe way and know who to talk to if you are worried.

I have ADHD, what does it mean?

ADHD Foundation

Advice, tips, and free tools for all those affected by Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

Where can I find out more about OCD?

OCD Action

A guide about OCD and some of the ways you can deal with it at school.

Where can i find help with eating disorders?


Helplines, online support and a network of self help groups to help adults and young people in the UK beat their eating disorders.

I want to know more about drugs...


Talk to Frank to learn everything you should know about drugs.

I want to know more about alcohol...

Drink Aware

Honest information, advice and tips to help you make informed decisions about alcohol.

I need some support... I want to know what this means... I am a carer

The Children's Commissioner

The Children's Commissioner for England promotes and protects children's rights in England by listening to what children and young people say about what matters to them.

I want to tell someone how I'm feeling


Barnardo's can offer services in Wirral for young people such as providing someone who can listen and speak up for them, as well as help for young carers.

I look after someone, can i get any help?

Wirral Carers

Support for young carers in Wirral.

Young Carers

If you are a young carer, find out more about the help you are entitled to.


Get support and information if you have a sibling with a disability.  You can chat to other siblings, tip of the week and get great ideas for games you and your siblings can play together.

Is there anyone who can speak up for me?

National Youth Advocacy Service 

NYAS offers information, advice, advocacy, and legal representation for children, young people, and vulnerable adults.

I have a special need can anyone help me?

The Council for Disabled Children

The Council for Disabled Children helps disabled children and those with special educational needs to have full and happy childhoods, and help parents live ordinary lives.

Disabled Children's Partnership

The Disabled Children's Partnership wants rights and justice for every child with disabilities to make sure their families have the services and support they need to live ordinary lives.

Wirral SEND Partnership

Parents and carers in Wirral can find out more about their child's development and what they could be entitled to at school.

Short Break Services for Disabled Children - Wirral Council

Find out about short breaks available in Wirral for children who have a disability.

GOV.UK Benefits Information

Find out what help you could be entitled to.