Who else can I talk to?

There are lots of people you can talk to about how you’re feeling – you could talk to:

  • Your foster carer
  • Your social worker
  • Your friends
  • Your family
  • Or to a teacher / tutor.

There are also phone lines you can call to talk to someone about how you’re feeling. They can give advice about all kinds of things and anything you say is confidential. 

If you need to talk to someone from the Fostering team their contact details are:

Fostering Services

Children and Young Peoples' Department
Hamilton Building
Conway Street
CH41 4FD

Tel: 0151 666 4616 E-mail: fostering@wirral.gov.uk

Other people who can help you:

Wirral Council Emergency Duty Team (EDT)

(out of hours 5pm – 9am, weekends and bank holidays)

Tel: 0151 677 6557

Wirral Council Central Advice and Duty Team (CADT)

(during office hours 9am – 5pm weekdays)

Tel: 0151 606 2008

Children and Young People’s Inclusion Service

This service can help you find out more about your rights, things you can get involved in and the Children in Care Council.
Tel: 0151 678 1936 Mob: 07785975927

Independent Reviewing Officer

These people chair reviews for children who are ‘looked after’ or ‘in care’. They have an important role in deciding what happens in the future.

You can talk to your Independent Reviewing Officer by phoning them on 0151 666 4442.

Complaints Officer

If you would like to make a complaint because you are not happy, let the complaints officer know.

Make a Complaint

Hamilton Building, Conway Street, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH41 6LA

Phone: 0151 666 5677

Freephone: 0800 328 7770

Independent Advocate

If you feel you are not being listened to, you can get in touch with someone called an independent advocate. This is someone who can say the things you want to say, for you. Advocates are there to make sure your voice is heard.

Fiona O’Shaughnessy can help you with this. Phone her on 0151 678 1936 or 07785975927.


If you still aren’t happy you can phone or e-mail Ofsted who are the people who inspect the fostering service, children’s homes and children’s social care.

Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD

Phone: 0300 123 1231 E-mail: enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Visit www.ofsted.gov.uk


On the Childline website you can play, explore and chat to find out more about things that may be worrying you.

Phone: 0800 1111

Visit www.childline.org.uk