Worried About School?

I’m worried about school – who can I speak to?

You can always speak to someone you trust such as your carer, social worker, designated teacher or learning mentor. You can speak to them about moving school, friends, homework, bullying or anything else that is on your mind.

You may feel nervous or a bit scared about moving school, either because you are going up to Year 7, you’ve moved to a different area, or you are starting college or sixth form.

Tell someone how you are feeling, and they will help you get all the information you need to start your new school or college feeling excited about the next chapter in your life. They can often arrange extra visits or a meeting with someone from your new school so you know what to expect.

I’m being bullied – what should I do?

Always tell someone you trust if you are being bullied. Every school has an anti-bullying policy, so you know they will take it seriously. Remember it is not your fault if you are being bullied, and your school wants you to be happy there.

If you want to look online for advice about bullying, you can go the Childline website.