What is the Participation and Engagement team?
The Participation and Engagement team aims to:
- ensure children looked after and young people have a voice in decisions made about them
- represent children and young people’s views locally, regionally and nationally
- develop links for children looked after and young people to contribute towards the development of the Children and Young People’s Department
- ensure that services for them are relevant to their needs
- develop projects locally, regionally and nationally
- ensure children looked after are consulted around service delivery, and are involved in the recruitment, selection and training of social care staff
- support the Care Councils to effectively monitor service delivery in areas of social care that affect them
- create opportunities for young people in care, leaving care and with additional needs to participate in positive activities, and promote their achievements
Who can I contact?
- Phone 0151 678 1936
- Mobile 07785975927
The service is based at: Our Space, Argyle Street, Birkenhead, CH41 6AB