The Participation and Engagement Service currently leads two groups:
•Children in Care Council (CICC) – 16years and under
•Care Leavers Council (CLC) – 16 years+
These groups are made up of young people who have all been in care, who have had different experiences and would like to make a change.
They meet at least once a month to make sure their views and ideas are listened to by those making decisions about them.
They are involved in lots of interesting projects that make a difference for young people who are looked after and gives them the chance to meet new people and have their voice heard.
The CICC and CLC contribute to the recruitment, training and selection of professionals. They are also trained to inspect the different departments in Children’s Services.
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in joining any of the care councils, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children in Care Council’s Aims and Objectives
- To be able to put our views and ideas of all our work from the CICC across to the Director of Children and Young People’s Department and the Lead Member
- To make sure the CICC is recognised by all agencies and that the agencies are committed to listening to and resourcing the CICC
- To make sure all children looked after are listened to and are able to give their views through the CICC
- To meet with key people who make decisions to work together to resolve any issues that involve children looked after
- To meet with children looked after to discuss what their views are and what actions / outcomes they would like to be taken
- To make sure children looked after are consulted in regard to information that is provided to them
- To be consulted and involved in both the review and the writing of the Children and Young People’s Plan