Your Pathway Plan
What is your Pathway Plan?
It is similar to a care plan, the difference is:
- It is an agreement between you and the Local Authority as to how you will be supported when you leave care
- It covers education, training and employment
- It can continue until you are 25.
What is in your Pathway Plan?
If you are looked after by Wirral Social Care Services you will have lots of people you can turn to for advice and information, like your carer or social worker. Your personal advisor will offer you advice, advocacy and plan with you for your future. They can put you in touch with advocacy services should you wish this.
You will talk about the following kinds of things:
- Your education, training and employment
- Where you might want to live
- What kind of housing you would like
- Your contact with family and friends
- Support you will need to live independently
- Financial support you are entitled to
- Any health issues
Want to find out more?
Become Charity has put together a factsheet detailing more about your Pathway Plan, including what it should cover and why it's important.