What is Our Space?
Our Space is our building dedicated to Children Looked After and Care Leavers. Our Space is a building dedicated to you. This was one of the most important things care experienced young people told us they wanted. Our Space is a safe, friendly place that you can come to for events, staff support, and more.
Here at Our Space we offer
- Duty Team of Personal Advisors are available every weekday between 9am-5pm.
- Facilities including Games, Chillout room, kitchen, washing facilities, and internet access.
- A café with free drinks and snacks.
- Access to Computers with free WIFI in our fully equipped digital suite.
- “OUR SHOP” where you can do a weekly shop for cupboard essentials, cleaning supplies, fresh meat, fruit and veg, and personal hygiene supplies. This is funded by the government Household Support fund.
- Have your tea at Our Space; every two weeks a freshly cooked meal will be available in a warm space, with games, staff, and other young people.
- Celebration events including Listen to Me awards, Open Mic nights, Care Leaver’s Week and lots more.
- Social evenings, Sewing and Cooking courses, and a SKILZ course where you can learn essential skills for life.
- ‘Stay and Play’ for parents with babies/toddlers.
- Sexual health Brook advisory drop-in sessions.
- Education, Employment, and training support and advice.
- Job Centre plus appointments with a dedicated Care Leaver work coach.
Details of helplines, apps, and websites that are free to access.
Find us at:
19 Argyle Street