Extra Help in School

Your school will get money to help every looked after child in your school. It may not be spent specifically on you, but you can ask about how it is spent.

If you or someone like your social worker or designated teacher think extra money could help you to do well in school, you may be able to get a Personal Education Allowance.

What is a Pupil Premium Plus?

This is a funding that schools get to let you make good progress against the targets they set out in the PEP.  This funding is controlled by The Virtual School who ensure that schools use this to support your educational progress in any way possible.

How do I get it?

You don't get it; your school use it to provide you with additional support.  You can ask them how they are using this money in your PEP meeting.

What about when I start college or training?

After Year 11, a bursary is available and your school or college will discuss with you how this should be spent. A bursary is money to help you study and can be spent on things you will need such as books and stationery and transport to get there.

If you are looking at higher education such as university, there is extra money available to help you.

You can ask your social worker for information to find out what help you could be entitled to.