Download child friendly versions of policies that apply to looked after children and young people.
These are short guides outlining the main points of important policies, to make it easier for all those who are involved or who it applies to, to understand.
- Complaints and Comments Policy – What to do if you would like to make a comment or complaint about a service in Wirral
- Children Looked After and Care Leavers Strategy 2022-25 -
- Delegation of authority – How we make clear who does what, allow you to take part in activities and reduce delays in decision making
- Guide to the payment of foster carers – How foster carers are paid and what it should be used for
- Health Policy - We want you to enjoy growing up and to have a healthy lifestyle to prepare you for adulthood.
- Leaving Care Finance Policy – Find out what you are entitled to when you leave care, to help you become independent
- Service User Involvement Policy – Get involved in the development of your services to help make it a success
- Staying Put Policy – ‘Staying Put’ means you can stay living with your foster carers if it is in your best interests once you have turned 18 with the agreement of your carers.